Solar Sales Consultant - Bend
The Solar Sales Consultant will develop and manage solar project proposals with residential and commercial clients in the Central Oregon region; develop accurate proposals for projects that lead to successful project outcomes for all stakeholders; achieve or exceed strategic goals on a regular basis; develop and present conceptual array layouts for rooftop, carport and ground-mounted projects in coordination with Elemental Energy's project management team.
This position offers a competitive base salary and commission schedule based commensurate with experience and education. Benefits are competitive.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide customer care services maintaining relationship throughout the process from first contact to contract signing. Provide timely follow-up as needed.
- Manage all incoming residential and commercial leads in a timely manner.
- Develop leads and strategies for outreach to commercial solar prospects.
- Maintain client files with attention to detail in CRM.
- Schedule site assessments with clients.
- Perform site assessments to assess property for solar feasibility documenting physical measurements and attributes and Suneye digital measurements as is possible while maintaining safety.
- Maintain knowledge of current technology, incentives, and trends to present as an expert in the field.
- Provide thorough education to clients at in-person site assessment based on their needs and questions.
- Maintain knowledge on applicable financing options for solar, understand the cost benefit analysis and present well on the return on investment (ROI).
- Present the short and long-term financial returns and environmental impacts of solar.
- Develop formal proposals and discuss details and any alterations with clients.
- Develop client agreements/contracts, discuss details with client, collect required signatures.
- Work with Project Management team to transfer project information needed to ensure projects are scheduled and run smoothly after agreement is signed.
- Attend relevant events providing solar expertise and education.
Skills and Education
Self-driven and motivated to succeed
2+ years experience in residential or commercial solar sales preferred
5+ years of sales experience
Valid driver's license
Knowledge of solar energy and/or solar industry experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to understand finance models and select various types of finance packages based on the client's needs
Display strong negotiation and presentation skills
Show a consultative/education based approach to selling the value of solar
Excellent time management
Strong attention to details
Maintain a working cell phone and vehicle
About Elemental Energy
We are passionate innovators and enthusiastic creators. We believe in a world where everyone has equal access to clean and reliable energy. We walk the walk, work to protect the places we love to explore and have a great time doing so along the way.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience plus commission