Human Resources Administrator & Accounting Assistant
Who we are:
At Elemental Energy our commitment is to satisfy the need for alternative energy with economically, socially and environmentally responsible solutions. We seek a high standard of performance, and understand that great ideas can change the world. If you want to work with a group of creative, ambitious and innovative professionals then you should consider Elemental Energy.
What we are looking for:
The Human Resources Administrator & Accounting Assistant will hold a key place at our company by managing all HR activities and assisting the Accounting Manager with maintaining the business transactions of the organization. This role will primarily be responsible for HR administration, accounts payable processing, and entering invoices, as well as assisting with other accounting tasks.
The Human Resources Administrator & Accounting Assistant reports directly to the Accounting Manager and the General Manager. This position offers a competitive hourly rate that is commensurate with experience, as well as flexible hours. This is a full-time position.
Essential job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and maintain personnel records
- Update internal databases
- Prepare HR documents
- Revise company policies
- Liaise with external partners and ensure legal compliance
- Answer employee queries about HR-related issues
- Assist payroll department by providing relevant employee information such as leaves of absence, sick days, etc.
- Arrange travel accommodations and process expense forms
- Handle accounts payable, including purchase orders and vendor records maintenance
- Maintain required business documents
- Maintain financial document retention files
- New vendor setup and maintenance
- Reconcile vendor statements and discrepancies
- Deposit and cash reports
- Prepare and/or review all expense reports for accuracy and proper expense disclosure
- Proven work experience as an HR Administrator or other relevant role
- Thorough knowledge of labor laws
- Proficiency in QuickBooks software (two years minimum experience)
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to complete tasks accurately and timely with minimal supervision
- Ability to interface with staff and external conflicts
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
Elemental Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay, paid time off, and company-paid health insurance after a 90-day probationary period.
Compensation for this position is depending upon experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.